Turkey wings, food of the Gods! They are like huge chicken wings which makes them meatier and more scrumptious.
Since they will oftentimes wind up in the oven, turkey wings are a healthier alternative to fried chicken wings. They are flavorful and just the right pick for those who are on a budget. The best thing about good turkey wings is that they taste as if you have been slaving over them, and you don’t have to wait until Thanksgiving to get smackin’!
You can always find turkey wings at your neighborhood grocer which is a plus.
After the turkey wings are cooked to perfection, you’ll probably have some stock left in the pan. The drippings can easily be used to make gravy or any other recipe that calls for chicken or turkey stock.
If you’re feeling a little festive, try pairing the wings with mac and cheese and candied yams.
Here is a yummylicious and easy-to-make recipe for turkey wings that will make you wanna slap yo mama!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
- 2.5 lbs turkey wings cut into sections if bought whole
- 1 large lemon cut into 4 wedges
- 2 Tbsp olive oil you can substitute it with vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp minced onions
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 1/2 cup turkey or chicken broth or even water
- Clean the turkey wings thoroughly, then rub all surfaces of the wings with the lemon wedges, rinse
- Next, place the wings into a large bowl or dish, and drizzle them with olive oil.
- Sprinkle all of the seasonings onto the wings, then rub all over.
- Remove the wings from the bowl and place them into an oiled bake dish
- In the bowl that the wings were in, there will be leftover seasonings. Pour 2 1/2 cups of broth or water into the bowl, stir, then pour the broth or water into the baking dish
- Cover the baking dish, and cook the wings in the oven at 350 F, for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours
- Periodically remove the wings from the oven, and baste until done