Nudists probably have the right idea as they are, for the most part, free spirits who just don’t mind who peeps. Society as a whole is still prudish as nudity is primarily frowned upon and is something that is solely reserved for sex. Getting naked and letting stuff all hang out according to experts is therapeutic, healthy and should be done more often. By the time you reach middle age and beyond, you should feel comfortable in the skin you’re in which is a crucial step in creating a healthy relationship with yourself and the world. Here are some reasons why you should throw caution to the wind, strip off those clothes, and just get jiggly with it:
- It is very rare that you’ll come across someone who will have nothing negative to say about their bodies. Many folks typically like pointing out their figure flaws which have become a lifelong challenge. Getting naked helps you learn to appreciate what God gave you and perhaps realize, how beautiful your body really is. Stripping off those clothes helps to build confidence and folks who are self-assured earn more money, get promoted more often and are generally go-getters in all aspects of their lives.
- Being naked and out in the sunlight can help boost your immune system. The sun delivers what we all need, a good healthy dose of Vitamin D which is directly related to our immune system. When our levels of the vitamin are where they should be, the body’s immune system is better equipped to fight off viruses like the common cold. So take your naked self to a beach, balcony, deck, or yard for just a few moments and bask.
- When you begin to accept your naked body, you will then dress to accentuate those areas that you feel are beautiful. Sections of your body that you have long ignored will be rediscovered as a result of your newfound freedom and body appreciation, so you’ll feel sexy in clothing.
- Sleeping in the nude makes your privates happy because not wearing pajamas, nighties or underwear allows your genitals to breathe. Researchers at the University of Amsterdam found that lowering your skin temperature increases the depth of your sleep and reduces the number of times you wake up in the night. Stripping down to your birthday suit is a great way to lower your skin temperature without changing the temperature of the room. Nudity improves blood circulation, which is good for your heart and muscles. The quality of sleep you’ll enjoy also increases the release of a growth hormone and melatonin, both of which have anti-aging benefits.
- Getting naked, going to bed, and having skin-to-skin contact with your mate can signal the release of the feel-good hormone oxytocin which can lead to hot lovemaking. Nudity in bed is the best way to become even more emotionally and physically intimate which can result in a more satisfying sex life.