There is something so sensuous about eating chocolate covered strawberries. Yet, why do so many folks run out to buy these sweet delectables when they are so easy to make? You can either gift your handmade treats or share them with a special someone. The main ingredients of these chocolate shop treats are juicy strawberries and some good chocolate. Why not say “I love you’ in a most delicious way!
- 8 ounces of semisweet chocolate, chop it up
- 1 pound of fresh strawberries (about 20) (make sure they look appetizing), rinse, then pat dry
- Place chocolate in a bowl and set over and NOT in a saucepan of simmering water. Stir the chocolate until it melts (should take around 5 minutes or so). A quicker way to melt chocolate is to put it in a heat-proof bowl and microwave it in 30-second intervals stirring in-between until completely melted.
2. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Take one strawberry at a time and dip into the chocolate mixture, twirl to coat.
3. Place each chocolate covered strawberry on the waxed paper.
4. Chill the sweet treats for at least 30 minutes in order to set the chocolate. Serve at room temperature.
NOTE: If you need to store the chocolate covered strawberries, they should be kept in a covered container and for best results, use them within 24 hours. If you want to add a little interest, crush some unsalted peanuts and after dipping the strawberry in chocolate, twirl it in the nuts mixture.